Friday, August 8, 2014

Straight from the Heart by Breigh Forstner

Straight from the Heart by Breigh Forstner
⭐⭐⭐




Uh. Well I don't have much to say, I didn't connect with the main character at all.
I think the author will do much better on her next novel, if she doesn't try to fit so much drama, and side characters to try to relate to.
I don't mind indecisive characters, but Bryn was all over the place. When Bryn finally decided on a guy, she still did really shady things, and think thoughts that didn't seem to go with her spoken words.
When there is "mystery" or secrets in novels, I tend to think the whole time about what the outcome will be, it's my favorite thing about reading, besides the emotions it invokes, but I tended not to care what happened, or what they are hiding. I did like the fact, that with the side exgirlfriend, she didn't write her sterotypically, like by having it out for the main heroine. Breigh Forstner was really original in that,and I really like it. Women are often pigeonholed in novels, and Breigh broke the mold in that aspect.
The book ended on a cliffhanger, but I'm really on the fence with the decision to continue this series.
I loved the premise of the girl joining a rock band, but the book went in a direction I really couldn't relate with or follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment