Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Bittersweet Revenge by J.L. Beck *Review*

Bittersweet Revenge by J.L. Beck
⭐⭐½

Okay, so I was going to wait until I received the ARC for the second novella, Bittersweet Love before I posted my review. I thought, maybe, it might change my opinion.
I never received the ARC, so here I go.
I love YA. But I do not like contradictions.
The characters were in high school, had the mentality of 6th graders, but spoke adult phrases.
I was confused. It could have been a good premise, but there was too much going on for a short book.
What really threw me, was adding a "twin" twist, late in the novella.
This was J.L. Beck's first work, so hopefully she improves from here.
A first work is never an author's best, so hopefully negative reviews don't deter her from continuing her writing!



facebook.com/meghen.barker

facebook.com/thirtysecondreviews

thirtysecondreviews.blogspot.com

twitter.com/meghenelizabeth

https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/2526133-meghen

http://www.amazon.com/gp/profile/AGJUHSNPM66CT

No comments:

Post a Comment